Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer is over and I'm Not that sad

I know, I know you are supposed to be a little emotional when your babies go back to school, but honestly I am so glad school started this week. My house has been a constant pig sty since June so I am hoping to keep atleast the parts we aren't remodeling clean. We have been so busy with traveling and everything else this summer that I haven't had time to keep up with this blog. I posted a slideshow with some of the summer's highlights. We recently traveled to Salem, OR (Holy Cow that was a long drive) to see Joel and Lila and their super cute new addition, Calvin. It was a lot of fun and the kids were very impressed by how green it was!! Alas, our dear town is not so much green as dirty brown, but that is another post. We took Carter with us and I don't think he will be volunteering to go on any more family vacations with us. We went to Silver Falls park and hiked down to the first waterfall, it was very cool. Unfortunately, we couldn't see any of the other falls because we had a Cannon stroller and the rest of the trails are not stroller friendly. I would like to go back when the kids are a little older and hike to the rest. We also went to the coast, Lillie had been asking me for several months when we could go to the ocean so I am glad we could finally take her. Whip and Lillie loved playing on the beach, but Cannon was not so much impressed with the wind. The first day we went by ourselves and it was a little cold, the second day Joe, Lila, Carter and Calvin met up with us and the day was beautiful. I don't have any pictures of the second day because my bleepity bleep camera up and died after we had only been on the beach an hour. Luckily, I was still able to get the pictures I had taken off of it, I just can't take any new ones. So if you don't see any new pics on here for a while that is why. Mom is visiting and I borrowed her camera to take Lillie's first day of school pics and I will post them later. While we were in Newport we tried to go to the tide pools but the tide had already come in, so we went up to the Science Center and they had cool tide pools that you could touch all the animals in, the kids loved it.
On the way back from Oregon we made a quick stop to visit with family and then it was back to Wyoming. We are very excited because Joe and Lila are moving here!! They came for a few days to visit and check out the place. Not sure if they were impressed or not. We have been trying to help them find a house (mostly I think we have been annoying them) and we are looking forward to having them close. Cannon and Calvin are going to be great friends, I can already tell.
On a sad note, Christin and Kevin are moving to Colorado. I am going to miss having them in town and I know the kids will miss Moira. It will be nice to have someone to go visit down there though. They have lots of fun things going on and we can stay with them for free!!
So I know I said I would have Lillieput Designs stuff up but honestly I have not had time!!! I am busy this week trying to get stuff done. Right now I am doing custom hair accessories and embellished jeans. I really will try to get pics up as soon as I get a new camera. If you want to see my other business check out the website www.arkanimalstuffers.com
Well, that is all I have time for right now!

2 comments:

Graham Crackerz said...

Love the pics! Love the background! Love the Edward clip! Love the update! Still wondering what your businesses are! Love you! Talk to you later.

Heidi

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update and all the pictures! I like your new border too. I haven't read any of the Twilight Series books but you notice I know what they are called and recognize what book the chess pieces come from. I looked at your ark animals website. How does that work? If people order do you fill the orders??