Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's good to know I am not a total idiot

Today Lila came over and showed me how to create a digital scrapbook page. I tried to do it by myself the other day but apparently I am incapable. Once she showed me the basics (several times because, like I said, I am incapable) we were able to make a really cute scrapbook page. It remains to be seen if I can do it again without her help. The pictures are from last Halloween and I am pretty proud of it.


This past weekend we had a pretty nasty storm, even by Wyoming standards. We got a ton of snow and the wind was horrible. The kids were way excited to play in the snow, I was not so much. Whip took Sophie outside to play and she loved the snow. She was bounding and jumping and chasing Whippers all over. After a while I noticed she started to slow down and then she just kind of stopped and stood there looking pitiful. I thought she might be too cold so I went closer to bring her in the house when I noticed she was high-centered on a giant snowball. All the snow had collected on her belly fur and made a huge ball of snow. She could hardly move because of it. It was pretty sad even though I laughed. I brought her in and put her in a warm bath to melt all the snow. She hasn't been quite as enthusiastic since.
Sophie after her ordeal

Cannon is ready for snow

Kids are set to battle the great white north


I gave Cannon a bath in his new big duck bath and he was so cute so I took some pictures and some video. I also took some new video of him doing tricks in the jumper- if you notice his feet are very seldom touching the ground.




Cannon also got his first tooth today, he has been working on two bottom teeth for several weeks now and one finally poked through. I guess it is time to think about weaning him.
Whip's birthday is tomorrow but we aren't telling him because his party isn't until next Saturday. He got a little upset when we tried to explain why his party wasn't on his birthday so we just decided this way would be easier. Sometimes you just have to lie to your children, it is a sad but true fact of nature.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

The halloween page is really cute. I wish I had Lila nearby to teach me how to do that stuff! I love the videos of Cannon...he is a little jumping bean! Very fun!

Unknown said...

Well, first, poor Sophie! She looks almost MAD in the picture. I see pillows around Cannon ...... is he just learning to sit up? I love the bathtub picture and the Peter Pan guy. He can fly, he can fly, he can fly!!! It was fun to hear his cute little voice too. I haven't seen him smile much....he is such a sober little person.... but these tub pictures are so sweet. Nice job on your scrapbook page. I'm doing well to comment on a blog!