Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Madness!!

Wow, I can't believe it has been over a month since I posted anything!! I can only blame it on the newest addition to my sewing dungeon-- my embroidery machine. I got it as an early Christmas present and I have been happily embroidering everything I can. I have been making Chrismas presents and stuff for the kids- I love it!!!
I guess a quick wrap up of the last month is in order--
We went to Boise for Thanksgiving and this is what we did
Wednesday- Shopping, went to see Twilight with the girls- mmm, Edward, so yummy
Thursday- eating, cleaning up, more eating, went to Aunt Calista's B-day party, more eating
Friday- extreme Black Friday shopping at the Wal-Mart, more eating, yummy soup at Strasser's
Saturday- Cody went four-wheeling, I did more shopping, went out on a date, more eating
Sunday-went to church with Mom and Barrs, more eating at Barr's house
Monday-drove home

I think I gained about ten pounds over the weekend, I am going carb free for a week so I can still fit into my pants after Christmas. This week we did some Christmas shopping and went to Joe and Lila's ward party. The kids were very excited to see Santa Claus and they got treat bags so that made it even better. You can see pics on Lila's blog ( I know that is lazy but she is so much better at it than me.)

We are Ferberizing Cannon this week and so far it is fairly awful. This is when you let them cry themselves out according to Dr. Ferber's method. Up to now he has still been waking up every two to three hours to nurse and I can't take it anymore. I haven't had more than three hours sleep at a time since before he was born. About the third time he woke up Friday night I decided that was it. I gave him his binky and patted his tummy in his crib for a minute and then I just let him be. He cried for almost two hours before he fell asleep, it was really hard not to get him up, but we perservered. The next night he woke up and cried for about 45 mins before he fell asleep and then woke up about 1:45 and cried for another hour- but then he slept until 7:30!!
I am hoping this works because I am a walking zombie most of the time. Guess we will see how tonight goes!!

We are busily preparing for Christmas, Cody didn't want to put up the tree or decorate since we will be in Idaho but I told him he was a Scrooge and we did it anyway. He spent a good three hours replacing some broken lights on our fake tree so that didn't make him any happier. Our tree turned out pretty good so that made me happy. We replaced all of our glass bulbs with shatterproof ones because I was afraid Cannon would get them, but so far he isn't that interested. He does love the train that goes around the botttom of the tree, though. He is an expert crawler now and he loves to pull himself up next to me when I am sitting on the couch. I will try to get some pictures posted next time.

2 comments:

Austin Webb Family said...

I'd have to say that Carlile gives Edward a run for his money in Twilight! Your kids are adorilbe! It's great to see how your doing! I think we need another prom dress shopping day! ;)

Graham Crackerz said...

I do the crying thing too. It's really hard for a couple of days but after about a week it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it. He'll never remember that he cried for a few days and you will be a better mom for sleeping through the nights.

Oh, and I loved Twilight too.

I've already seen it twice.