Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cannon's Birthday and Crafty Stuff

We celebrated Cannon's first birthday on the the 23rd (a day late so Daddy could be here). He was so cute eating his chocolate cake, he made a huge mess. He got some cute toys, including a wooden shape set, the kind you hammer the shapes through. He loves to hammer on that thing and it already looks like its a year old.




The shape set-he loves it.



This week I decided to get going on some of my sewing projects that have just been sitting around waiting ,its hard to push the sewing pedals with braces on your ankles. The weather has been sunny and it started me thinking about spring so I thought I would make Lillie a dress for when the weather warms up. Hey, hope springs eternal here in Wyoming. I had purchased some cotton gauze on clearance for just such a purpose and she really loves the way it twirls.




I've also been wanting to try to make some reusable lunch things so we can cut down on our Ziploc wasting, I finally figured out a good material to line it with so that it is waterproof, but not totally full of chemicals and BPA's like most vinyl. I played around with a few patterns and then made this bag. You can't see it very well, but the top closes with velcro. It's not watertight but it is easy to pull out the lining to wash off any goo.


I also made a sandwich wrap with some instructions from this cool blog:

Lillie is excited to take lunch to school in them. I'm going to make some more with the kids' names embroidered on them as soon as I get around to it.


Every once in a while the kids like to go through my ginormous fabric scrap pile and pull out the ones they like- apparently Whip is making a bikini.


Finally, this is a really cute picture of Cannon that Whip took all on his own with no help from me. Seriously!!


3 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

That picture Whip took is so cute! Love it! I also really like the dress you made Lillie. Very nice...if I could get away with something like that, I might ask you to make one for me, however, I can't so i wont! LOL

Those lunch bags are totally adorable. You are so amazing with the sewing machines, I can't take it anymore, I am going to have to come play with you and learn some of your skillz!

Jenn B. said...

Cute pictures! Love the lunch bags (of course)! Lila is right, you've got some mad skills.

christingreen said...

Those are super cute...will have to pay you too make me some for when the baby comes to haul the milk. Love the lillie dress... when the lil Fi is born i wanted to do fairy pics of her and Mo. Maybe we can work on some dresses like that for them.

Then head to Lila for the pics..wooohoo for family with talents:)